3M 33440 Cubitron II 3/8" x 13" File Belt - 10 Belts/Box
3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F
3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F is a 3M best-in-class abrasive belt, designed for use with the 3M File Belt Sander, for tasks like grinding out rivets and removing spot welds. 3M Precision Shaped Grain is resin-bonded on a heavy duty backing for a more consistent finish, cooler operation and two times more belt life. The resin bond and a grinding aid keep this belt cutting cool and sharp.
Make Light Work of Tough Tasks with Cubitron II
Ideal for tough detail work like cleaning, deburring, blending and finishing as well as working in small confined spaces. 3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F is available in three grades – 36+, 60+ and 80+ – and widths including 3/8”, 1/2” and 3/4” as well as lengths of 13”, 18” and 20.5”.
The exceptionally fast cut and long life of 3M ceramic abrasive grain enable this slim belt to accomplish a remarkable degree of work. Its fast cutting action helps eliminate burning or other forms of thermal damage, as well.
About 3M Cubitron II and Precision-Shaped Grain
3M Cubitron II abrasive discs, cutoff wheels and file belts have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Cubitron abrasives feature Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows 3M engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures – essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What’s more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: Cubitron II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.
- Features 3M's tough and best in class Cubitron II mineral
- Grains of ceramic/aluminum oxide blend are precisely-shaped, uniformly-sized and vertically oriented
- Slices through hard metal for fast cut
- Cubitron II abrasives run cooler, reducing risk of metal discoloration/oxidation and heat related stress cracks
- A grinding aid further enhances cooler running on high-strength steel
- Exceptionally long-lasting belt performs consistently and reliably throughout its life
- Used with the 3M File Belt Sander, easily grinds out rivets and spot welds
3M Science on the Cutting Edge of Performance
Cubitron II abrasives are only one example of how the need for process improvements, new solutions and alternatives drives the development of new abrasive technologies. 3M is already working on the next breakthrough to make your life and your work better, safer and more profitable.
An Alternative to Spot Weld Drilling
The 3M File Belt Sander and 3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F are a great addition to body shop tool rooms. They are a vastly superior alternative to spot weld drilling.
In addition a traditional spot weld drill goes back on the shelf. The versatile file belt tool can also be used for other jobs.
- Clean and prep brake caliper pockets: Removing rust, brake dust and other contaminants with wire brushes, files and other tools can be tedious and time-consuming. The 3M file belt system speeds up tough cleaning jobs like this, while giving you more control to prevent gouging.
- Clean wheel rims: Removing corrosion prior to mounting the tire is critical, in order to avoid bead leaks. The 3M file belt system makes this job quick and easy, and it is also ideal for prepping surfaces prior to attaching stick-on wheel weights and prepping centering hubs.
- Prep steering knuckles: Steering knuckle housing and mating surfaces need to be free of corrosion and other contaminants in order to ensure proper installation of the wheel bearing hub assembly. The 3M file belt system lets you get into deep indentations and complex surfaces, making cleanup fast and easy.
We Also Recommend
3M Perfect-It Buffing & Polishing Compound Kit 36060 06068 06094 QT KIT