Meguiar's G10307 ScratchX 2.0 - 7 OZ
ScratchX 2.0 is the must have cleaner for isolated paint problems because its micro abrasives help in the removal of fine scratches, blemishes, oxidation, light stains and surface contaminants from the vehicles paint. ScratchX 2.0 formula will not damage the paint, and will restore the brilliance and clear finish of the painted surfaces. Meguiar’s ScratchX 2.0 is easy to use by hand, but may also be used with Meguiar’s DA Power System or with Meguiar’s Dual Action Polisher.
Liquid paint cleaners should be applied to small areas at a time, no larger than one square foot when working by hand or two square feet when working with a dual action polisher such as the Meguiar's DA Power System or Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher. Working small areas at a time is crucial in order to concentrate the work rather than spreading it out over a too large of an area. Keep the following points in mind when working with any “paint cleaner” like Meguiar's ScratchX: Paint cleaners do not need to dry before removing and in fact should be wiped off immediately after they're worked over the finish. Paint cleaners need to be worked into the finish; they are not wipe on, wipe off products. Deep defects (scratches) that go through the clear coat cannot be corrected without repainting or applying touch up paint. The harder the paint and the deeper the defect, the smaller the area to work at one time. Paint cleaners remove everything off the surface of the paint including wax, so after using paint cleaner re-apply a protective coating of wax.
Applying ScratchX 2.0
- 1. Dispense a small amount of Meguiar’s ScratchX directly onto a foam applicator pad or a small, clean 100% cotton terry towel.
- 2. Work a small section (1’ x 1’) at a time, until the ScratchX starts to turn clear. Apply additional ScratchX as needed until defects have been removed.
- 3. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries.
- 4. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
- 5. Follow up with any Meguiar’s polish and wax, like Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax. These products are also available as part of the Polishing Power Pack and Waxing Power Pack.
By Dual Action Polisher or DA Power System:
- 1. Attach the appropriate “cutting” pad to the Meguiar’s DA Power System or Meguiar’s DA Polisher.
- 2. Apply a strip of Meguiar’s ScratchX directly onto the compound pad.
- 3. Place the face of the pad flat on the paint. Turn on the Meguiar’s DA Power System drill or Meguiar’s DA Polisher and begin buffing with moderate pressure in an overlapping pattern while keeping the pad flat against the paint at all times.
- 4. Work a small section (2’ x 2’) at a time, until the Ultimate Compound starts to turn clear. Apply additional Ultimate Compound as needed until defects have been removed.
- 5. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries.
- 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
- 7. Follow up with any Meguiar’s polish and wax, like Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax.